About Ifous, the membership and our R&D programmes
Ifous – innovation, research and development in schools and pre-schools– is a nonprofit independent research and development (R & D) institute that works to stimulate practice-oriented research in the field of education. The aim is to support school providers in implementing research-based education and to help teachers and school-leaders to plan, carry out and evaluate teaching on the basis of research-based methods and procedures.
Ifous is funded by its members, i.e. municipal and private school authorities. Up-dated information in the field of educational research is regularly provided to members who also have the opportunity to participate in different R & D activities. The R & D work is carried out with a participatory approach, involving school practitioners in the research process as well as in the development activities. The goal is to respond to needs of teachers and school leaders in their daily work in schools and classrooms. The research is conducted in cooperation with different universities throughout Sweden.
In 2019 Ifous is coordinating nine different Research & Development programmes:
- Pre-school teaching
- Teaching and learning for newly arrived students
- Inclusive learning environments
- Digital Learning
- Language developmental approach in Swedish teaching for adults
- Programming in primary and secondary education
- Leadership for school improvement
- Professional development for teachers
- Pedagogical approaches in after school services